Saturday, September 8, 2012

So much to learn...

OK, so yesterday was awesome. Met the Nords at the hotel, and the other Craig. Then met my host family! My family is AWESOME! Mom is super nice, dad loves to laugh and just happens to be a 33 year kenpo veteran (and eighth degree blackbelt), Annie, my other American in the house, is super chill, and Erika and Yurina are just awesome. I am so blessed! 

Oh and the pets are the friendliest pets I think I've met in a long time. They've been living on my lap since I got here.

So I went shopping yesterday with お母さんとお父さん、 and we went to the most incredible mall. We hit the grocery store, the puppy store (um, YEAH), and a store to get me some shampoo. That grocery store blew my mind; i could smell the sea water still on the fish and I have never seen half the ingredients before. 

Then we came home and met Annie and ate the rare かんそうなっと。yeah, day one and I already had NATTO! I think because it was dry it wasnt as scary as mom and dad said. Then we went to kenpo class with お父さん. That was two hours of scary! Kenpo is BRUTAL. But I learned a Good bunch of moves, and got to be a training dummy for a while. It was a great time.

Now it's nose to the grindstone though, language placement test on Monday! Study all day, party all night (and by party, I mean study harder).
Can't wait to see what else is in store!

1 comment:

  1. Craig. You ate NATTO on the FIRST DAY?? And you say it wasn't BAD? I think those mainlanders are just wimps... must be cuz you didn't eat OKINAWAN NATTO. Or maybe something got lost in translation. If you had really eaten natto you would have known it.

    Glad everything has been so fun and good!

    ReplyDelete