Thursday, September 20, 2012

First Day of School!

Ok so today was finally the big day! Two weeks in Japan and school finally started up.

Today was an absolutely awesome day. Woke up, had お母さん's amazing Japanese toast, and ran out to school. The trains were fast, I got there early, hung out in the Fujita Global Lounge with Yumi, Carina, and Nana, and Carina tried getting me to say I'd perform at a Foreign Exchange Student talent show. However, since I am not a licensed Aggie Wrangler, I think I'll wait on two stepping in front of a huge crowd.

Also made a friend, Masamune. We hit the language barrier pretty hard, but he was a really nice guy.

Then I went to my first class, Japanese 1B, with Morimoto Sensei. She's fantastic, and I'm not the only one in class! :D

Then after that I went to the rec, because I have huge gaps in my schedule, and what better to do than GET SWOLL! However in the process of getting swoll, I met the Kwansei Gakuin Fighters (the university football team) and talked about how I was from Texas and even managed to secure some tickets to the next game! I AM SO PUMPED!

Then I came home and お母さん cooked up something new, delicious, and interesting: Barazushi (?). It's like  sushi, but not wrapped up because the fish are so small. It was fantastic.

I can't WAIT for tomorrow; I have no idea what adventures await me, but I know that they're going to be amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Craig,

    Great blog!
    I was the exchange student stayed with your grandparents in VA more than 20 years ago. Sounds like a long time, but I don't feel like that at all. I'm sure you'll feel the same way when you get older and remember the days in Japan. Mom Endert told me about you and your blog. It's so nice to see all the wonderful time you've been having there. All the best for your stay in Japan! Will be looking forward to your updates.

    Akemi

    ReplyDelete