Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sickness and Swordsmanship



So this week i definitely got sick from working too late and sleeping too little. Really kinda bad. 2 days of me barely being able to function, and then a few more coughing and hacking. Note to self, don't get run down abroad! It's way too hard to get better when the doctors cost an arm and a leg!

Somehow managed to recover just enough to go to Iaido with my good friend Ian. Probably one of the coolest things I've done since coming to Japan. Iaido is mainly a working the forms exercise in swordsmanship, and it feels like being at a gun range... with sharp things instead of bullets. Terrifying and really hard on the knees, but awesome. I think I'll be going back for more!

Also found my first liquor vending machine... Didn't buy anything from it though. No regrets there! Sake isnt quite my thing! Can't wait for my next adventure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment